Friday, January 15, 2010

Thing 14

So, Technorati went through a major redesign in October last year, and now none of the exercises we were meant to do are relevant. All those headings we were to click on don't exist. Somewhat frustrating, as I was looking forward to having a go at them all. And the thing is, the new design seems NOTHING like what it used to be. I can't even find an Advanced Search, which seems to me plain weird. So unless I'm blind...

Anyway, I had a browse of Technorati, and honestly, that seems to be all you can do now. Sure, they have lists of the "Top 5", "Top 10", "Top 100" which is somewhat interesting. You can do a keyword search for blogs or posts. There doesn't seem to be any Tag search tool...I could only find a list of the most popular tags for the last month. Technorati is most certainly all about the most "popular". I did like the whole Authority bit though - so when you browse the blog directory (broken into broad catergories), it lists the blogs by their "authority" (a number out of 1000, with 1000 the best you can get), which is a measure of the blog's standing and influence in the blogosphere. At least this way you know which blog might be more relevant to what you're looking for.

As for the last exercise to "claim" my blog through Technorati, I think I'll wait until I have my new review blog up and running. It's been created, and looks pretty, I just have to start posting. Maybe in a few weeks I'll claim it.

No comments:

Post a Comment