Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thing 13

Okay, so I'm just going to admit it straight out - I'm not a big fan of Delicious. I've used it before in that I've created an account and imported bookmarks from my computer. I've also used it to tag those pages. But other than being useful in the sense that you can access your bookmarks from any computer, I don't really like it. I listened to the 8 minute podcast about using Delicious, and during it I thought maybe there is more to it that I'm just not getting, but I went exploring and found myself back at my initial impression. The podcast talks about using a unique tag that a group chooses so that they can share the sites they find, etc, and I think that's useful. But it also mentions using Delicious as a research tool, rather than internet search engines like Google and whatnot. Less sites to trawl through? I don't think so. I think Delicious is just as bogged down with so many sites, that you still have to sift through a good amount of irrelevant links, no matter that their tags are meant to group them for easier searchability. Which when it comes to anything on the internet, isn't all that unusual, I know.

During the e-learning training I took part in however, the idea to use Delicious for gaming sites the kids play was brought up, which I think is a great idea, seeing as none of us can ever remember which sites they go to!

No comments:

Post a Comment