Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thing 11

Ta da! Check out my very own search engine - So much Supernatural!

I was thinking about doing one on books, or anime/manga, but decided to focus on my other love instead - the tv show Supernatural! It's a Friday, ok? It's on my mind! ;-P

I've never heard of Rollyo before, and the idea is certainly a great one. However, sometimes it was temperamental - it wouldn't connect properly, and kept showing up with a "didn't connect - too many connections" error message. Really frustrating. In all honestly, this is a "Thing" that's really quite simple enough to speed through, but it took much longer than I anticipated.

Also, I used a couple of Wikipedia pages as a source, but it ignored the specific address (if that makes sense!) and when I did a test search it searches ALL of Wikipedia. That's a little disappointing. I deleted them as sources because they were finding irrelevant results.

Just for fun, I also created a search box. Though I almost gave up it took so long to connect!


No comments:

Post a Comment