Monday, October 26, 2009

Thing 10

I've created a profile and catalogue with LibraryThing - you can check out my 'library' here! Note my awesome Warholized profile picture! \o/

There are so many more titles I could add, but when it comes to thinking of them, I draw a blank. So I have Nicholas Sparks under a "Favourite author" collection, and there are a few still "To read" (there are still heaps and heaps to be added here!). A lot of the books are those I've read recently, and youth fiction. I've added my own tags to some, and rated those that I've read.

I absolutely loved Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater, and am dying for its sequels, so I went looking for recommendations based on it. I found Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink, which I've heard a bit about - but what has grabbed me is that the audio version is narrated by Eliza Dushku, who is one of my fave actresses (Buffy and Dollhouse, etc). I've added this title to my "Wishlist" and I think I'll track that one down and give it a go. :-D

I've also joined the group Hogwarts Express...fitting, huh? I found another group that looked fantastic - they read a youth book a month and discuss - that I would've loved to join but there hasn't been any comments since about July, so I guess they've stopped. Maybe I can get it re-started, yeah? ;-)

Overall, LibraryThing has been easy to use and somewhat interesting...I look forward to investigating further!

No comments:

Post a Comment